Mar 26, 2012

Ombre and pastels






(Sugarlips Apparel Petit Trianon dress, Dolce Vita Jamison boots, mint purse from local boutique)
I was sent this lovely dress from the sweet Jacqueline of Sugarlips! I fell in love with it after seeing it on the website, but I really didn't expect it to be this well-made. The quality is excellent - and I actually don't say this that often for chiffon items (because it is pretty rare) - but I can trust that I will be able to have this in my closet for years to come! I adore the ombre and there are little seagulls near waist of the dress. It's a very loose and flowy dress, and it looks great without a body chain (or belt) as well! It's actually on sale right now for almost half price online! I love the onset of pastels that I have been seeing on the runways and in streetstyle photos, hence the pastel nails and this look is pretty much inspired by a lot of those ice cream colors!

I'm going to Italy tomorrow, but we're going through Dubai first! Long flights...I'm so stoked though! I really want to check out some of the antiques in Milan, the beautiful museums and churches all over, and some of my other friends who are also interested in art all want to do some sketching/painting in Voltera. We were pretty inspired by a visiting artist who did a workshop with us! We'll be there for ten days, and I promise I'll take lots of photos, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to blog/lookbook when I'm there. I also can't wait to stuff myself. I already started packing yesterday, which for me is very early! I have this problem where I tend to overpack...

How was your weekend, lovelies? Do tell me - I love hearing from you all! Have a great day.
PS Also, a big thank you to Rachel Schwartzmann of The Style Line! She did a lovely interview with me, which you can find here. I also have updated it on my new features tab - so check that out as well!

20 comments:

  1. great outfit! will you some time to spend in dubai? have a wonderful time in italy!!!
    xo, Tina
    WWW.TINACIOUS.ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. this outfit is perfect! the dress is so lovely and I like the chain that you're wearing!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is so gorgeous! I love it <3 you look great

    www.sabrilettsarmoire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you pretty girl, the dress looks so bee-you-tea-ful on you <3 AND YOUR NAILS!!!!!
    miss you :(

    missdanbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress! I love the color gradient and how you paired it with the leather jacket and body chain :) Have fun in Italy and Dubai!

    xx maggie
    saltandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. super love your jacket and dress ♥
    pretty
    claireteressa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. the dress is so fabulous but how you paired it with this edgy body chain and the leather jacket this is really cool! love that rock star chic;)
    kiss,mary
    http://maryloucinnamon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I've seen on lookbook, and how much you look like me, here I am in your blog! I became a follower and is perfect! kisses

    If you like my blog you can follow me on http://styleencolores.blogspot.com or if you prefer to bloglovin' Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that outfit! So cute.

    http://basse-couture.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Skirt is absolutely fantastic, shape and colors are outstanding! You look pretty and very feminine :)

    Kisses,

    http://domi-lapetiterobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your looks are amazing!
    fashionforanyone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! You very pretty. That dress is very nice. I love your bag too!!

    - Josie :: http://8bitgrayscale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the dress! Great style!

    http://mentrend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great outfit! I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! <33 Followed you, hee hee. :)

    http://thedamselinadress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the outfit! Everything works so well together, so pretty!
    Oh just wondering, what camera do you use? :)
    x

    ReplyDelete