Jul 22, 2012

Stars and Sequins

Blake dress c/o Jovonnista, hat from Florence, shoes from Taiwan

This dress that the lovely Jojo of Jovonnista sent me is basically everything I love in a dress - billowy fabric, light, and whimsical. It's just something that you can throw on with minimal accessorizing. I can also see it transitioning into the fall with a great chunky knit thrown on top. I 

For those of you that can notice the difference in my pictures - there is one! With Tim being away in California, I have been too lazy to find the screw that connects my camera to my tripod. I actually was worried that I wouldn't have any means of taking photos. The horror! Fittingly, my dad was lucky enough to be gifted the king of digital rangefinder cameras, the Leica M9-P. It's stunning. And to any of you other photography fanatics out there, you probably know that rangefinders take a while to shoot with, but alas, it's worth it! 

I also shot these photos in the middle of the golf course, at the risk of being bombarded by wayward golf balls - just for you guys ;).

Follow me on Twitter!

21 comments:

  1. loving the star print! gorgeous!
    Krissy xoxo ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look! :)

    - Em ♥
    http://itsemtrava.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVEEE THIS OUTFIT <3 too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing outfit! Love the combination <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this!!! The sequins on the collar are amazing. (:

    -theresa
    collaredblouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. great dress :D

    florencece.blogspot.com ♥ join to my world

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually love this look. That dress is amazing. I wish my parents had ANY CLUE as to how to take photos.

    Ava Tallulah
    Enter My UO Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely dress! You look great!

    xoxo,
    http://www.misssainha.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! I love your dress, it's adorable -- especially with your hat!

    xx maggie
    saltandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. this seriously couldn't be any cuter. Fabulous post, love! If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest outfit. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute outfit! I really like that stars print and the sequined collar. Amazing. ^^
    And ah, that camera sounds awesome. Never worked wit ha rangefinder before.
    ♥ xixia | thisisxixia.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. the dress look gorgeous on you I love the sequin colors, and also your cuffs, waaaaant. you're so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the collar of the dress...and i think it would look great for the fall with a chunky knit thrown on top!

    that chain crossbody belt is really cool too :)

    xx,
    thecoattaileffect.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stars and sequins– definitely a fun combination and I like that you kept the accessorizing minimalistic. I've never been able to get my hands on a rangefinder to use before, but you've definitely taken to it (definitely worth it too!) Hope you've been having a lovely week so far! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love your accessories. You looks so darling in these photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love that dress w/ the gold gauntlets - you look like Wonder Woman! <3

    ReplyDelete