Feb 11, 2013

adidas NEO @ nyfw

from top: coat c/o chicwish, asos scarf, American Apparel gloves, Topshop t-shirt, Zara dress worn as skirt, Asos pleather pants, sneakers c/o adidas NEO

Upon returning back from New York City and my mundane college life, I'm already beginning to feel serious traces of withdrawal. I mean, it does go without saying that I wish that Nemo had delayed my flight and I got stuck in the snowstorm with nowhere to go but stay at fashion week. Being in the city and leaving the bubble that is my college was perfect. My love for the city and all of its five boroughs probably equals, or maybe exceeds (!), that of my love for Shanghai - New York, will you be my Valentine?

Musings aside, here are some snippets from my time with adidas NEO. Honestly, they were just the most gracious, lovely people to work with, and really let us bloggers get involved in the event. The people over at adidas NEO had limited down 20,000+ Polyvore entries to 45, and a few other bloggers from around the world (Russia, Germany, Malaysia, Japan, China, Mexico, and the US) and I eliminated 15 more so that there were the final 30 looks that would be revealed at the fashion show. Being able to see our work and decisions become a reality and exceed our expectations was a blessing, and I am so honored that I was a part of this.

In addition to helping out with the fashion show, I was a part of a Q&A panel with Selena Gomez (who is an ambassador for adidas NEO), went to the top of The Rock for a beautiful 360 view of New York, went shopping at SoHo and 5th Ave., met up with some great friends (some from NYU, some bloggers like the lovely Alyssa from ordinarypeople.ca). I actually left on the day NYFW officially started, and obviously I wish I had extended my stay, but I already had missed three days of school, and being at a liberal arts college, that is a lot of work to make up. Sigh - but there will be more NYFW's to come, and much more fun to be experienced! xx


24 comments:

  1. So amazing, I'm sure this was a mind blowing experience! I miss NYC so much, I want to be back there so badly... I saw you also met Annie from Modeblock! :) she's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I AM SO JEALOUS!!! such an insanely amazing experience!! :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!<3 this is just an amazing experience! You look amazing, and I'm so happy that you got to experience this.
    http://www.thatseamslovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome photos here. i love the place

    http://ollyvialaura.blogspot.com/2013/02/join-my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for your lovely comment x great pics from the adidas fashion show! your style and blog are amazing, definitely following you :) x

    http://allure-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow amazing picks! you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, amazing!
    Love your outfit!

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Stephanie! It looks like it was an amazing event, I hope you had loads of fun! (:

    fashionlei styled

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on being a part of this event! These photos look amazing! And you will definitely be a part of many NYFWs' to come :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are living a dream! NYCFW and Selena Gomez!!!! :D and the first two photos are so cool cause of the backround!

    xx Marianne
    pictureme-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice photos!!!:):) i'm following you, visit my blog if you want!!:)
    http://anordinarylifestylebook.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks amazing, awesome photos! Sounds like missing school was worth it, good luck with your makeup work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! I love the way you paired that cute Geek tee with a girly sequined skirt.

    P.S. I'm having a Valentine's Day giveaway on my blog... come check it out!

    Hudson East
    HudsonEast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Sounds great and you met Selena Gomez, she´s so pretty and you too! :)
    Simona

    ReplyDelete
  15. seems like an awesome time!

    Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your outfit,amazing photos! Cute photo with Selena Gomez!

    http://fashionmuffins945.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I follow you on lookbook, and just now saw your blog.
    Your style is amazing!
    I am your new follower :D

    Katerina from myneonrock.blogspot.com

    Have a great day!
    xx

    ReplyDelete