Mar 27, 2013

MESH AND METALLICS

Tank top c/o Free People, 67 boots c/o Gypsy Warrior, HSV bracelet c/o BCBGeneration, Zara purse and dress (old, worn underneath)

My rant from the last post detailing my infatuation with white ensembles presents itself in the form of this outfit. In addition to the color white, I (and my lovely blogger counterparts, like my other half Zoe) have been loving white mesh and metallics (which includes that of the holographic sort, as seen on various runways ranging from Stella McCartney to Nanette Lepore). Yet it's pretty obvious that white and silver are perfect for a fast-approaching summer. In fact, a silly little thought popped into my head the other day: if you think about it, both whites and metallics like silver are thought of as methods of combatting global warming, as they reflect the sun to ensure that heat isn't absorbed! So, here I am, dressing to combat global warming (not really, but you know, it always helps to pragmatically justify an otherwise impractical art form aka fashion). 

In my attempt to search for a form of white mesh - I've dissected a Zara dress (it's detachable) that my best friend gifted me last summer; it originally had another white lace shift underneath it. I have chosen, instead, to wear it scandalously on its own (no worries, over a pair of shorts).

Anyhow, I've been in love with both structure/minimalism (look at my nails) as well as fluid fabrics. While I've recently acquired some beautifully-structured pieces like my purse and the notorious Zara skort (here), which are just breathtaking in their clean-lines, I'm also drawn to the movement of drapey pieces like this Free People tank I'm wearing. In their shapelessness, these flowy pieces, with a life of their own, paradoxically find shape. I just happen to love clothing without a waistline, or with a simple dropwaist, both of which I find much more refreshing than your typical dress/shirt-form. 

And of course, who can resist a good old harness boot to ground a very buoyant outfit? 

See you soon lovelies, xx! My weekend starts tomorrow - will be attending an exciting event that I'll tell you about later! 


25 comments:

  1. Everything is perfect! Obsessed with the bag <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bag is to die for! And I love the shoes! This is the perfect spring time outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous! I love everything about this outfit and you are rocking it :)

    http://lookofcataclysm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mesh! Layering dresses can be so lovely when done well!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so pretty! and i love this outfit so much! :)
    your blog is so adorable too so you just earned yourself a follower! hihi :)
    Drop by my blog too? keep in touch! xx

    xoxo,
    Rae \(^o^)/
    Raellarina - The Ballerina on Fire

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the loose and flowy silhouette of this outfit!! (: I just love the way it looks on you!

    -theresa
    collaredblouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like your bag!

    lalainephotos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shoes.!
    xx

    http://styldiary.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your boots

    http://ollyvialaura.blogspot.com/2013/03/from-your-girl-next-door.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving that mesh detail!!
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I love eveyrthing about you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your comment love! Love your blog. Following you now, looking forward to your follow back! <3
    myunbuttonedblazer.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those boots, and that mesh! wow! x

    www.veuw.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous style, adoring your blog miss!
    would love to see you wearing casper&pearl one day!

    lots of love from the c&p girls,
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your comment!
    I really love your style..
    Would you like to follow each other?

    Love,
    Nathalie
    www.styllist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful look! :)

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous style, adoring your blog miss!
    would love to see you wearing casper&pearl one day!

    lots of love from the c&p girls,
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a wonderful look! I am so loving the stripes and that metallic bag is awesome!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am absolutely in love with white white white!!! :) The way you layered the mesh in between the shorts and that top is a nice touch! It really changed up this look, taking it up a notch from just a casual denim & top kind of look :) Love your nails too!!!

    x Megann / STYLE SURGERY

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your outfit! Followed x

    http://kelseyvaldez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. The bag seems very soft and looks very nice. It just fits all my daily things to work. I like leather hobo bags from cwmalls.com, very fashionable and comfortable to carry around.

    ReplyDelete