Apr 13, 2013

ENJOY -

Arnhem kimono*, Greentag t-shirt*, Gypsy Warrior skirt*, Charlotte Russe heels*, Giant Vintage sunnies*, ASOS beanie

Coming to California for school, I had formed all the assumptions, interpretations, and idealized versions of what life here would be like, thinking that I would be frequenting festivals and flea markets, and driving down endless, limitless deserts. This may all be very well possible, but I don't happen to own a car, rendering my fantasies useless. However, this post in itself is an ode to all things Californian, and after being here for almost a year, I can testify to the fact that many of my assumptions do hold some truth - which is why I'm standing here in a double-slit maxi and an impossibly soft kimono. I have often said in interviews that my style is influenced by my surroundings, and I really can't imagine wearing some of the things I wear in another city, another state, or another country.

There are, after all, cacti within a one-mile radius to me, and the dry sun continues to work its magic. But, I digress. One of the first and foremost facets of the Californian lifestyle that I love is the attention to the environment and green-living. As a longtime advocate of efforts to give back to the environment, I have thoroughly enjoyed living somewhere that lets you do so easily!

The shirt I'm wearing is an upcycled t-shirt by my passionate and innovative friends Armand and Chris, who have this amazing LA-based startup called Greentag on kickstarter that completely reuses whole t-shirts, giving them new lives with new graphics and washes, often on top of the original tee's artwork. It would mean the world to us if you could support/donate/shop their kickstarter (here) to give these two hopefuls a chance to help our earth <3. They won't be able to go into full-fledged production until they raise enough money; so please, help out!

Visit: on Lookbook | on Twitter | on Bloglovin' | on Instagram | on Youtube | on Facebook | on Tumblr

24 comments:

  1. Loving this relaxed look! :)

    http://bydetails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt and kimono, so perfect together x

    www.blushelement.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girrrl didn't it hurt putting your hand on that cactus?! haha. So gorgeous, Stephanie! I love these photos :)

    www.rougefox.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the Californian laid back style. I would probably dress up similarly if I lived there :) And that's a pretty cool shirt too.

    x Megann / STYLE SURGERY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the skirt and kimono!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is a great outfit, Love it!
    http://andagoodnight.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That skirt looks really nice on you. Cool setting for photos too.

    http://www.stefanystrange.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you've paired the kimono with the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous look, your skirt is amazing!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg stephanie you live on the edge, i cant believe you touch cactuses (cacti?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. At first, I was like, why the heck are you holding onto that cactus and why are you wearing heels on such rough ground? But then, I was like, she looks good so the heck not! x

    http://moiraparton.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE THESE PHOTOS OMG YOU LOOK LIKE ZOE SUEN FROM FASHIONONYMOUS <3 <3

    ninaalvia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. AMAZING photos! lovely look:)
    but please don't touch that cactus!! that hurts...?:D
    Emma xx
    http://iemmafashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing look!

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your outfit and these photos look amazing! I think studying in California would be amazing, I am so jealous of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the skirt! And the Cali scenery is perfect would love to visit one day! :D

    -Alicia
    Neon Fox

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look absolutely stunning! You definitely go the mile with touching that cactus haha. Didn't it hurt though?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look amazing! I love all the scenery you have going, the nature is beautiful. It's nice to hear you are living out your time there in California :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh god this top is amazing! love the high slit skirt too! xox

    P.S. Check out my Outfit post at Fashion Week Sydney!
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete