May 8, 2013

OVERALLS / ALL OVER?

Hannah's vintage overalls, She Likes sandals*, Bella Vi necklace*, Forever 21 cropped turtleneck

If I were to quiz you on my essentials, here's your one-stop study guide:

A) minimalist sandals, Awang style, like these from She Likes (heels optional): when there's just so much unnecessary fuss and your eyes just need a detox from the rest of the busy world, there is nothing more welcoming than a double-strapped slice of minimalist heaven. Case in point, also here and here
B) silver: I am not a gold person. While I do appreciate the occasional rose-gold, especially in watches, I just prefer the industrialist and more modern vibe that silver seems to exude. Again, it's just so much easier on the eyes. Plus, silver (here and here) just complements my tendency towards the monochrome.
Speaking of which, brings us to:
C) monochrome: I love white, black, and gray. I think I probably over-emphasized that fact a tad bit too much the last few months. 
What is even better is when this monochrome is in:
D) denim: um, I don't really think there's a need to clarify - but while some say that a prose poem must be "its own best excuse for being," I do think denim tends to do that by itself. 
E) snapbacks/obnoxious text: enough said.

I also think my love of overalls is self-explanatory, like the satisfying click that the straps make when hooking on to the buttons, overalls are just so effortless. As for the title, I am officially done with classes for my first year of college (hurrah!), but have a week left of finals, research papers, and presentations left *insert helpless puppy dog face here*. Hope you all are in a better boat xx!

                         Visit: on Lookbook | on Twitter | on Bloglovin' | on Instagram | on Youtube | on Facebook | on Tumblr

27 comments:

  1. Ahh this is perfect <333

    http://inkandcigarettes.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo such a crisp outfit! How great is monochrome? Good luck with the rest of your assessments! x

    whimxy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute overalls! :D

    I love the monochrome trend too!
    Especially if it's a mix of 'black, white and grey'.

    PS: I like your necklace. I've been looking for something similar. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, why do you always have to look so damn cute?! Love the monochromatic look!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow:))
    really amazing look, totally love every part of it!
    great cap, overalls, necklace and sandals ♥ just grogeous:))

    and maybe you would want to visit my blog while having some free time?:)) NEW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with your overalls! I need to buy me one soon! <33

    sartorialust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still in search for some nice sandals, most just don't look very good on me for some reason :( And I think I'm more of a gold and rose gold person, especially rose gold watches haha! I definitely am someone who steers towards blacks and whites a lot of the time, am trying to colour my wardrobe up a bit though! Yay for finishing classes! Good luck with your finals and research papers and whatnot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your overalls so much, they look amazing on you! :D

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Overalls are making a big comeback!! Love your simple pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those shoes :)
    Jessica xx
    www.fashionmagical.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your style, those dungarees and hat <33
    new follower!

    breepluse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love, love, love overalls!
    I seriously need to get a pair!
    those with heels, are amazing.

    Carter,
    http://herfashionremains.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely

    http://ollyvialaura.blogspot.com/2013/05/campus-look-drop-it-low.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. you look so los angeles! i like your long hair and how you paired a cropped turtleneck with overalls - unique and creative style! i discovered you on chictopia today and thought I'd say hi :)

    It would make me happy if you visited too!
    pandaphilia fashion

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a unique style! I love how you combined all of the pieces together :)

    www.theharmonyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your look, especially your overall! You look great! :)

    http://iamsophiasanchez.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, I was simply checking out this blog and I really admire the premise of the article On Voice Overs and this is really informative. I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. There's not ONE thing I don't like about this outfit -- killer snapback and overalls! Also, I like the statement necklace; it's perfect with this look.

    xx
    Blog: The Style Chapters
    Shop rad clothing, accessories, gifts, & home - both new & vintage @ Madefabulous

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love overalls! It's probably a bit too early to wear them where i live (england) as it's still fairly cold but can't wait to play with the trend in a couple of months! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome post, the photos are amazing :)

    xx

    kisses from my blog -- I want to live in L. A --

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi bb you're looking awfully cute these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely outfit, loving the overalls! :-) x

    visit/comment/follow @ phoenixful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. absolutely stunning white overalls. I'm totally smitten with how you accessorise your outfit, way too cool :)

    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete