Jun 4, 2013

INTERVENTION

Zara skort and shirt, Chicwish bag*, Steve Madden shoes, Boy London hat

Three weeks prior I was at a point where the most exciting thing about waking up was jumping out of bed, grabbing my Samsung phone, and checking my emails back in the comfort of my bed. I set alarms to account for the ten minutes that I would spend in my bed every morning just catching up on what I had missed in the online world and my alter ego of a blogger. 

Mentioned in last week's post, an internet intervention was much needed, and while this meant going AWOL for a few days, it was nice to be able to fully appreciate what it's like to not have something I constantly need to be checking. No more Instagram at the dinner table, no more emails every morning. I let the emails accumulate, my inbox reaching an all-time high. 

I didn't realize how consumed I was with this alternate universe until I left the US and was without 4G internet in Shanghai. Here I was, again, asking each restaurant and establishment for their internet password. Detaching myself proved to be a struggle. But alas, I feel as if I have somewhat succeeded!

Much like my need to minimize and simplify with the internet, my personal style has also gravitated towards minimalism in the past year - hence the monochrome and basics à la Céline-esque structure. 

Much love xx - thanks for putting up with my ridiculous antics and rants. I feel like the internet is a place for me to dump my brain junk. 

PS. excuse my cuts and scrapes - the klutz in me (who am I kidding? The klutz is me.) decided to take a few falls. 

                       Visit: on Lookbook | on Twitter | on Bloglovin' | on Instagram | on Youtube | on Facebook | on Tumblr

14 comments:

  1. So jealous of your legs, girl.
    I love this outfit, very sporty chic!
    I really need to get this skirt too, have been eyeing it for some while now.
    Claudi xx

    www.wldhrts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the white in this outfit! Looks great on you! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simple look. And I know what you mean, sometimes we all need a break from the Internet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love monochromes! <3

    breepluse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen the zara skirt many times and I still love it <3
    Love this look on you :)

    http://stylealamy.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  6. great black and white outfit! x

    www.joyyiu.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit :)
    Jessica xx
    www.fashionmagical.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit, U really made a good choice matching these items together.
    xo.
    FROM HATS TO HEELS

    www.fromhatstoheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your look are always so perfect! :D

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Comfortable decoration.
    Elegant!!!
    http:///www.arm2fifa.com/

    ReplyDelete