Jul 26, 2013

DRAPE

Monki tank top (similar 1, 2), Helmut Lang-inspired skirt (similar), Jeffrey Campbell shoes


Welcome to the 1933 art deco abattoir (or, in less euphemistic terms, slaughterhouse) in Shanghai that has since been transformed into an art hub/creative space! As far as my ardent love of monochrome and clean lines goes, I can easily say that it extends to architecture and open spaces as well. One of my favorite places that I have ever shot at, this building seamlessly coordinates with the color palette of my outfit, but harshly coordinates with the soft drape and fluidity of the fabrics I'm wearing. Against the geometric staircases and hexagonal pillars (not to mention the suffocating humidity), liquid folds and lack of structure in clothing are a welcoming change.

I have thankfully settled back into China's timezone, but am ridiculously withdrawn from Paris... I just want to be eating a baguette while reading in the Parc de Buttes-Chaumont right now. That would be nice, but then again, a lot of things would be nice, wouldn't they ;)?

P.S. I got my hair chopped - I'm not sure if you guys can tell? 

                  Visit: on Lookbook | on Twitter | on Bloglovin' | on Instagram | on Youtube | on Facebook | on Tumblr

13 comments:

  1. OMG WOW! This outfit is gorgeous, I love everything in it! Especially that maxi skirt suits you so well, Stephanie! <3

    Hope you had a lot of fun in Paris, girl. I need to go back there asap too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with drape-like asymmetric skirts. You pull it off really well with that scrunched up tank x

    www.joyyiu.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love
    you look stunnning, as per usual

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely loving the skirt! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cool outfit! I love how you have a cap with you !

    Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin and GFC? Take a look into my blog and let me know! www.gwiyomistyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the skirt and sandals <3
    You look great! :)

    http://stylealamy.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the skirt and shoes, great outfit doll! x

    ReplyDelete