Jul 30, 2013

NEPTUNE'S NET



 no name shirt + skirt / Brandy Melville bralette // Jeffrey Campbell sandals // Zara clutch

I love the way this netted shirt/dress allows for so many more layers and dimension to an outfit - intrigue, intrigue! In my many attempts to make dressing on 100+ F humidity less painful and more interesting, I have tried my hand at the counterintuitive (as per usual) - layers. While most layers tend to add heat, this net hardly counts as a layer, and really does allow for some breathability and modesty (with the length of the sleeves). The other additional bonus is the overlay effect of a net over the grid on my skirt - so, huzzah for layers that don't add bulk or heat! Perfect for sloths like me.

I find myself consistently drawn to doing the counterintuitive... in that little head of mine, I've somehow conceived the notion that I'm somewhat of a trailblazer, on the prowl for new shortcuts in ensembles - I'm glad it actually worked this time (I was no hotter than I would have been in a tank and shorts)! Humor me ;).

By the way, I will be heading to Hong Kong next Monday (and finally get to see my lovelies Zoe and Bryant) - so if y'all have any recommendations (I'm technically part Cantonese, but still open to suggestions), shoot me an email: stephanie_m_h@hotmail.com. Or, you can always just say a quick hi!

               Visit: onLookbook | on Twitter | on Bloglovin' | on Instagram | on Youtube | on Facebook | on Tumblr

18 comments:

  1. You look simplu amazing, honey ^__^

    Many kisses,

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely outfit, the skirt works perfectly under the top, you look gorgeous!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! you are beautiful, love your outfit!

    following you now!

    <3, getcarriedaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this "see not see" look! perfect!

    ciao from Italy,

    Nicky
    www.mywishstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The top & skirt are amazing ;)
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the mesh. And have fun in Hong Kong. Meeting Zoe would be so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey,

    Love the outfit, could you put a link to where you found the top please?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute outfit! Not many people could pull off a mesh shirt, but it looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous look, I adore your skirt:)
    If u wanna follow each other let me know
    rslamode.blogspot.hu
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this net top so much, you look awesome! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your style! and your blog is awesome!
    followed u!
    Keep in touch my dear<3

    http://bstylevoyage.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your outfit.x Super chic.:) You look amazing.x
    xxxxx
    Stephanie
    vidathings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. saw this on lookbook a while ago, but its still as amazing second time round x

    notanotherjess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your whole outfits here
    where did you get the top??

    ReplyDelete