Aug 3, 2013

SWIM DEEP + music / reads

Brandy Melville bralette // American Apparel backpack // Supreme cap

In the spirit of cheekiness and sportswear on the rise (see StyleStalker's Fall 2013 Baller collection - *swoon, squeal, giggle - repeat*) as well as 90's grunge, I've decided to share some of my "Baller" essentials. I'm sure you're all familiar with the flannel around waist trick making its rounds in the blogosphere that adds a certain coolness factor, effortlessness, and layer of intrigue. In this case, I'm a huge fan of this mock-tie skirt that lets you achieve the same factor without actually having to tie something around your waist. Additionally, the plaid (and the barely-there hoodie) is a tribute and nod to the 90's moment we're having right now with the upcoming fall season (see fall 2013 runways, e.g. 3.1 Phillip Lim here) - it's no surprise that I'm a 90's baby, too.

As for the floral snapback, need I say more?

Much love & happy weekend x! Follow me on Instagram to keep up with my weekend. Here are some weekend loves:

What I've been reading: The Maytrees, Annie Dillard
                                       Kafka on the Shore, Haruki Murakami
                                       The Monk, Matthew Lewis
What I've been wearing: white Converse, daisy skirts, stripy tops.
What I've been eating: strawberry and cream oatmeal w/ raspberries & blueberries.
What I've been listening to:

27 comments:

  1. Super cool outit! Love your style and blog <33 Did you want to follow each other? If so, let us know :) xx

    www.junkjournal100.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't even choose my favourite aspect of this look, I love everything so much! adore your style xo

    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, cara! this is so sweet of you - thanks for brightening my day xo!

      Delete
  3. Cool outfit!! love the combo :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. really awesome and it looks super comfy! love this!

    xoxo,
    rae
    http://raellarina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the hoodie on you! The skirt is gorgeous as well :)

    xx
    Lillian from The Rustyhead

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute and casual look for you! :D

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome laid back look, love this a lot! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cool look! love the way you mix that floral hat with that hoodie... really swag!

    http://helena-nt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like those white sandals you have on! I like what you've done with the plaid shirt, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love everything! You look perfect! And those sandals, no words! <3
    xx

    www.be-your-own-hero-now.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the cap and shoes, nice styled <3

    BREEPLUSE.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it!

    xx

    Darcey
    yecrad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, I'm Delilah. Just stop by and I think you've got a really nice blog!

    My blog is http://dancinginmyawkwardarms.blogspot.com

    I'm focus on fashion illustrating, so if you interested please take a look and maybe follow me if you like it. Thank you.

    Delilah,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the snapback and the sandals! Perfect 90s look.

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice combination of outfit! Like your caps a lot!

    Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin and GFC? Take a look into my blog and let me know! www.gwiyomistyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything about this look is amazing, especially the shoes! Perfect outfit :3

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want your sandals! You must tell me where you got them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love love love the way you dress! I love Brandy Melville as well and Supreme hihihi

    Sartorially Challenged

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great outfit! Love your sandals!

    xo Réka
    http://mademoisellereka.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the fact that you post what you've been reading, listening to and eating! You can never go wrong with books, fashion, food and good music. Would love to see more of these in your future posts. :)

    Adrienne
    http://thefashionetudiante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete