Apr 7, 2014

DREAMS OF JOSHUA TREE


Free People dress, Maje boots

With my sense of time continually skewed on this blog, as I tend to make non-chronological jumps in posts (sorry), I think it is safe to say that I have a serious case of restlessness that prompts me to go places whenever I can. I've been asked in the past why I'm not just content with certain places I live in and the things there are to do there, and I reckon it's my need to actively seek out what I see as the unknown. I think this can be seen as both a flaw and strength - but I'm working on being more content with whatever surroundings I am immersed in, regardless of whether they are suited to me or not. 

Joshua Tree had been a place on my to-go list since I moved to California back in 2012 - I finally made it here this past weekend along with Palm Springs - and suffice to say, it did not disappoint. Desert wind, rock formations, and the best of plants made for a beautiful Saturday. I was also just surprised just by the sheer vastness of the national park. Having been to Big Sur just a couple of weeks ago, it was pleasantly disorienting to go from such lushness to the arid landscape of Joshua Tree. Fittingly, I shot one of my go-to festival pieces here in the desert - and with Coachella & other festivals fast approaching, I suggest you guys check out Free People (no-brainer) for some more festival looks here

            Visit: on Lookbook | on Twitter | on Bloglovin' | on Instagram | on Youtube | on Facebook | on Tumblr

10 comments:

  1. So beautiful, love the look and the place looks amazing. I think exploring is a strength but working on being happy wherever you are is also worth doing <3

    The Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving that free peoples dress, you look great. Plus the photos are stunning!

    www.pinsneedlesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i completely agree with exploring and that want to see the unknown! and that dress is a stunner. :)


    http://www.laurinn.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love the photos. Well I can feel like, like I always want to go to somewhere new and just explore places. Hope I can go here someday too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the dress! The scenery is also so beautiful - hoping that I'll be able to make it there one day! :)

    Drop by sometime,
    Erin x
    colorwithrouge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so amazing in that dress! I love its colour and I've always wanted to go to Joshua Tree. I hope I can real soon!

    sartorialust.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. sooo amazing photos! wow!
    Emma xx
    http://iemmafashion.com/

    ReplyDelete